About Talbert’s Trailer Manufacturing Business
Talbert Manufacturing, Inc. engineers and manufactures to customer specifications a wide variety of heavy capacity trailers and specialized transportation equipment. Located in NW Indiana, Talbert has been serving the transportation industry since 1938 for custom trailers covering commercial, construction, transportation, utility, military, government, aerospace, agriculture, oil field, rail, energy applications as well as inner plant material handling movers and manufacturing systems.
Here are some of the products we make:
- Lowbed trailers of all types and configurations, including fixed, mechanical and hydraulic gooseneck designs
- Double drop trailers
- Roller Paver trailers
- Travelling axle trailers
- Hydraulic tail trailers
- Tag-a-Long trailers
- Tilt deck trailers
- Military trailers
- Utility trailers
- Towing & recovery trailers
- Building materials trailers (trusses, beams, concrete commodities)
- Pipe hauling (self-loading/unloading) trailers
- Special purpose container chassis
- Steering dollies (converters, load-dividers, etc.)
- Extendible trailers (flat bed, step decks, lowbed design, hydraulic, mechanical and fixed neck design)
- Running gear assemblies (bunk dollies, axle attachments)
- Bomb carts
- Multi-axle configurations East and West Coast design, including 13 axle trailer and 15 axle sales
- Hydraulically suspended modular dollies and trailers
- Missile trailers and transporters
- Nuclear materials trailers and transporters
- Hazardous materials trailers
- Inner plant & material handling transport
- Equipment trailers
- Parts and accessories for all of the above
Some of our specific data are listed below:
US DOT (NHTSA) Vehicle Manufacturer’s Identification Number “40F”
NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) 336212, 336211
SIC (Standard Industrial Classification) 3715
Registered with CCR (Central Contractor Registration)
Small Business. Registered w/SBA “Pro-Net”
A Brief History of Talbert
Talbert Construction Equipment Co. was founded in 1938 by Austin Talbert in Lyons, Ill. to provide crane and construction machinery rental and heavy haul transport in the Chicago area.
In 1957 a new plant was built in Rensselaer, Ind. devoted to specialty trailer manufacturing. Ultimately, the facility in Lyons was closed as Mr. Talbert and his team focused on production of trailers in Indiana.
Talbert quickly became known for innovation. Ground breaking new ideas were introduced including:
1st lowbed removable gooseneck trailer
1st hydraulic removable gooseneck (non ground engaging)
1st trailer manufacturer to use high strength heat treated steel (T1A)
1st trailer manufacturer to design and incorporate air suspensions
1st trailer to use self steering axles.
Several of these innovations were patented, and remain in use today.
Talbert Manufacturing Inc.
Serial Number: 1